About Christian Science
Christian Science is a religion based on the inspired word of the Bible,
and demonstrates the healing power expressed in the teaching and works of Christ Jesus.
The Mother Church, The First Church of Christ, Scientist, in Boston, Massachusetts, was founded in 1879
by Mary Baker Eddy “…to commemorate the word and works of our Master, which should reinstate primitive Christianity and its lost element of healing.” (The Manual of The Mother Church, page 17)
The basic beliefs of Christian Science, called tenets, are given in Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures© by Mary Baker Eddy.
1. As adherents of Truth, we take the inspired Word of the Bible as our sufficient guide to eternal Life.
2. We acknowledge and adore one supreme and infinite God. We acknowledge His Son, one Christ;
the Holy Ghost or divine Comforter; and man in God’s image and likeness.
3. We acknowledge God’s forgiveness of sin in the destruction of sin and the spiritual understanding
that casts out evil as unreal. But the belief in sin is punished so long as the belief lasts.
4. We acknowledge Jesus’ atonement as the evidence of divine, efficacious Love, unfolding man's unity with God through Christ Jesus the Way-shower; and we acknowledge that man is saved
through Christ, through Truth, Life, and Love as demonstrated by the Galilean Prophet in healing the sick and overcoming sin and death.
5. We acknowledge that the crucifixion of Jesus and his resurrection served to uplift faith to understand
eternal Life, even the allness of Soul, Spirit, and the nothingness of matter.
6. And we solemnly promise to watch, and pray for that Mind to be in us which was also in Christ Jesus;
to do unto others as we would have them do unto us; and to be merciful, just, and pure.